Monday 22 July 2013

Product worth the hype: Maybelline color tattoo 24/7 gel cream eyeshadow

Hi lovelies!
I have had some super good news...
I have been selected to receive a scholarship for my MA degree! 
I am so excited and so grateful. I went on a little splurge today so will show the outcome of that very soon. 
Anyway...
This post is a quick review of the Maybelline color tattoo 24/7 gel cream eyeshadows.

For the look above I used 85 light in purple as a base for my shadows.
I own the colours from left to right- 50 eternal silver, 65 gold rose and 85 light in purple.
With flash.
Without flash
With flash.
Without flash.

They retail at approximately £4.99 but there are always offers on at Boots or Superdrug so you can get them cheaper.

The verdict...
I really love these shadows! They are super pigmented with a great colour payoff unlike some cream shadows I've used in the past.
 I do use a primer with these products out of habit but I find that they literally do not budge yet come off easily with a make up remover. They help keep my shadow in place and make my shadows really pop.
They don't have to be worn under eyeshadow. They can be worn alone. I often wear the silver one alone when I'm having a lazy day.
If you don't like shimmer though and prefer a matte look on the lids, these eyeshadows are not for you.
As far as I am aware, they all contain shimmer; or at least the ones I own do.
I personally love this but it's something to consider before buying these products.

I really want to try endless purple, eternal gold, on and on bronze and permanent taupe. 
I hope Maybelline never discontinue this product as it provides a cheap alternative to Mac paint pots!


What do you think of Maybelline color tattoos?
Let me know in the comments and tell me what colours you would recommend!
Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. i own ALL of the maybelline color tattoos (even the limited edition ones) and i really love it.. my favorite drugstore product of all times ;D

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so gutted we don't have limited edition ones here. The white one looks amazing! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete