Tuesday 29 July 2014

Latest in Beauty Box; The Glamour Beauty Edit Review

When I saw this box in an email from Latest in Beauty, I resisted. I didn't need any of the products, did I? £16.95 including delivery is REALLY cheap for over £86 worth of products but I didn't need it. 
As you can probably tell by the title of this post, I didn't need it, but I did buy it. And I'm glad I did!

Unlike a lot of beauty boxes, you know exactly what you're going to receive before you buy. The only surprise you get is the shades of the products inside the box. 
If you want to see what I got, carry on reading!


The most exciting (and most expensive) thing in this box is the Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick, which you receive in one of their new nude range. It is full size and retails for £18.50.

I received the shade Naked. It's a more orange/yellow toned nude. This does not suit me at all. It looks terrible with my skin tone. I would have preferred Minx, Rose Pout or Cherub. However, it gave me the opportunity to test out the formula of these lipsticks, and I can say they are amazing! They glide on so easily, are so creamy and provide an opaque. They are vast improvement on the regular line of Illamasqua lipsticks (which I do enjoy), but I still dislike the bullet shape. Although I won't be using this shade, it has convinced me to purchase another in a different shade!

The next product is a Crabtree and Evelyn nail varnish. Again, this is full size and retails at £6 but they are currently two for £6 on their website. I can't comment on the staying power of this product as I only wear nail varnish on my toes, but it is a lovely shade!

As the beautician who does my semi-permanent eyelash extension is on maternity leave, I needed a product to get me through the next six months. Magnifibres seem like a really interesting concept to me. The price of these range from between £15-20 depending on where you purchase it, and at full size, this box an absolute bargain already! I will have a whole blog post dedicated to this product once i've tested it properly. 

I'm a lover of Bourjois products and I haven't owned one of their blushers for about 7 years! So this was a great addition to my collection. I received shade 03 Rose Tender which give a natural rose pink flush. It is full size. This one is going to stay in my handbag to freshen up my cheeks during the day when my blush has faded! It retails for £7.99, but you can usually pick it up on offer in Boots or Superdrug.

Toni and Guy offer some great hair products at affordable prices. Although recently i've gravitated towards different brands, I was excited to try this volume plumping whip. It's another full size product, which is usually £7.19 but is currently out of stock at Boots.
I didn't notice much difference in terms of volume in my hair, but my hair is very thick and has volume naturally. It did tame flyaways and smells lovely. This product will be gifted to my mum who loves products that give volume, so we will see how she gets on!

Mixing up my skin care is something I try to avoid as I am prone to break outs, but I do love trying new things. This DHC deep cleansing oil is in a mini size that retails for £4.50. I've never tried a cleansing oil before, I usually opt for regular cleanser or a balm but I liked how quickly this removed make-up and it didn't make my skin feel oily. I'll have to see how I get on with this product before I convert to cleansing oil for good.

There's not much to say about this product. It's a regular sun lotion from Hawaiian Tropic that provides factor 30. I usually opt for spf 50, but this is going to be great for my handbag to reapply during the day. It costs around £5.49.

As you can probably guess from my previous posts (if you've read them), i'm very pale. I don't tan naturally and I have little interest in tanning. I've seen a few other people receive this in the shade medium, so was surprised to get the shade light. I've tested this on the back of my hand and could see myself using this to even out the skin tone on my legs and give them a healthy glow. I'm more likely to use this than any other tanning product as it is very moisturising, comes off easily with soap and water, and isn't too dark. This is full size and costs £6.99. 

The last product I will only use if I use the above product. It is a tanning mitt from Velvotan. This is £1.99 from feel unique. 

At £16.95, this box is such a bargain. I'd definitely recommend it, even if you're only interested in a couple of products as you might find some hidden gems. I'm so surprised this hasn't already sold out. 
If you want to buy on for yourself, click HERE!
Have you bought this box yet? What did shades did you get?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment