Thursday 31 July 2014

MAC Lipstick Collection- Fifty Shades of MAC; Matte and Retro Matte Finish.

Everyone seems to be loving a matte lip at the moment. Luckily, MAC do some fabulous matte lipsticks! These provide, as the name suggests, a matte finish. They are quite drying so you have to make sure you have moisturised your lips well before applying. The staying power of these lipsticks is great which makes them a great option for a night out. The only issue I have with this finish is the variety of colours- there isn't much of one. However, MAC is bringing out a matte collection this Autumn which offers a wider range of shades. 
MAC offers two types of matte; Matte and Retro Matte. Retro Matte is the most drying of the two. 
For reference, I have NW10 skin and pigmented lips. 

Retro Matte
Flat out fabulous (Permanent)

Riri woo (Limited Edition)

Talk that talk (Limited Edition)

Matte
Dodgy girl (Limited Edition)

Enchanted one (Limited Edition)

Heroine (Permanent)

Riot House (Limited Edition)
*I've added a picture with lipliner as this shade only looks nice with liner!

Punk couture (Limited Edition)

Pleasure bomb (Limited Edition)

Russian red (Permanent)

To be honest, I don't reach for any of these shades that often. Being someone who often has dry lips, I can find these hard to wear. When I do wear them, I love them! My favourites are Pleasure bomb and Heroine. There isn't a shade in this finish (that I own) that I don't love and can't see an occasion when I would wear it. 
If you like a matte lip, definitely check out the selection MAC has to offer!

xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. my favourite is pleasure bomb! its such a pretty pink colour, I might have to go out and buy it now haha! my blog is actually a little similar to yours and it would really mean a lot if you checked out my blog and maybe left a comment on what you think?xx

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete